Monday, November 14, 2011

Hot Apple Cider Crock Pot Recipe

This is a wonderful cold weather drink, especially in our house, which I keep at a brisk 60F during the winter (Sexy Nerd loves 60 degrees - our agreement used to be 50!) I make this every time Sexy Nerd puts up our Christmas lights.

He's starting early this year. It seems a bit unfair to Thanksgiving, but here we are.

Our $5 Crock Pot is working hard!

LambAround's Best Hot Apple Cider (approximately 8 servings)
  1. Make a simple syrup by bringing 1/8 C water and a 1/4 C sugar to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and add 1/8 tsp each of allspice, cinnamon, and ginger. Whisk well and let simmer for 5 minutes before removing from heat.
  2. In a separate pan, bring the following to a boil: 2 C water, 1 can frozen apple juice, 1 cinnamon stick, 9 allspice berries, 9 whole cloves, 1 sliced apple, and the zest of 1 small orange. Add 1/2 of your simple syrup and whisk well.
  3. Transfer your mixture from step #2 to a 2.5 quart slow cooker set to low heat. Fill to the top with hot water. I usually let everything sit in the slow cooker for an hour or so to let the flavor develop more, but it's ready to drink right away as well.
You'll want to add more syrup and/or water based on your own preference. Sexy Nerd likes the recipe exactly as written, but I like to fill my mug with 1/2 apple cider and 1/2 hot water because it's a little strong for my taste. When serving, I pour through a little strainer so that no one ends up with a mouthful of cloves or allspice berries!

4 comments :

  1. bypassdiet.com
    provides diet, nutrition, and health solutions. Use our free tips, healthy recipes, and customized weight loss programs to meet your dieting goals today"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so yummy!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete

Yesterday, my blog made a whopping 2 cents. I'm blogging just for your comments! Thank you for making my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...