Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Thrifty Cloche Decorating for Valentine's Day

Have I ever told you that Sexy Nerd is a beer brewing enthusiast? He's taken over most of the garage and has even cut into the wall to gain access to the empty space underneath the stairs, all in the name of expanding "Kitchen Pig Brewery". I'm hoping that if we have a baby soon, it will delay or even cease his progression into kegging. Oh yes! Kegging, right here in my very own home, complete with a built in tap to dispense the brew straight into the kitchen. *Lucky Girl!*

Fancy beer glasses seemed like a smart gift choice for him. However, I hate wrapping gifts. Even if I loved it, (nope!) how the heck do you beautifully wrap 8 beer glasses?

I had a better idea:


 






I think the gift bag and the Sunday comics emphasize my gift wrapping point pretty well!

15 comments :

  1. I got us a cake made so his gift is really for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea! I love wrapping with comics. What's your favorite comic strip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My DH is a home brewer too! He has moved on to kegging but not to a tap to the kitchen! Oh my! That will not be allowed to happen LOL. Love the name of his home brewery :) Lovelovelove the pilsner cloche idea too, may have "borrow" that idea from you :) I followed from My Backyard Eden.
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever :) I hate wrapping...so this is fun!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great!

    Brandy
    Gluesticks
    www.brandyscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. I love finding new uses for things I already own. Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So creative & smarty.

    Happy w/end & CP...

    Greetings from chilly Stockholm,
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love it. How creative is this. You are so clever. Love the "cloches". Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever idea for a life without a cloche! Thanks for inspiring and linking up to "Amaze Me Monday" blog party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is such a thoughtful fun gift!! how nice of you to think of him!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    friends of our started brewing last year...fun!! I love to taste what they brew...it is better than the drafts we buy Friday night!

    ReplyDelete

Yesterday, my blog made a whopping 2 cents. I'm blogging just for your comments! Thank you for making my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...